Removing abandoned and inoperable vehicles from the local landscape is a key element of managing blight in many communities. Comcate’s Abandoned Vehicle Abatement program gives you a robust solution that reflects best practices developed with agencies across the country.
- A robust easy-to-use case management tool allows officers in the field to manage individual cases and ongoing caseloads by creating cases with multiple vehicles, documenting detailed vehicle descriptions, uploading multiple photos, tracking hearing dates, issuing tags on site, updating case status, scheduling follow-up tasks and mapping case locations.
- All the legal notices and forms an officer might need to bring a case to a close are populated (and customizable). At the push of a button, an officer can print an abatement notice or hang tag on the spot during the course of her investigation.
- Specialized tools for tracking employee time, expenditures and costs allow for easy recording of monetary and staff resources that are expended during the course of an abatement case.
- An AVA-specific summary report documents monthly, quarterly or yearly expenditures, costs and abatement statistics to support the process in districts where reimbursement funds are available.
- A robust set of reports is available for documenting and communicating abandoned vehicle efforts, including a summary report that displays case data and photos for self-selected cases.
- Field officers can use Time Tracker to log the time they spend on cases for staff and management review, enabling better understanding of how budget funds are spent and support for future budgeting needs.